Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Product Review: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner

Hey y'all!

This week, I'm going to review the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner for y'all! I purchased this product from Target for $10.

Now, I'm usually very up to date with what is going on with Shea Moisture. They are my favorite line of hair care products, so I like to keep up with them to see what new things they have going on. However, I didn't know about this product before I purchased it. I always go to the hair care aisle when I go to Target because I am always in need of more of my staples! I came across this collection on the shelf and was a little surprised. I hadn't seen too many posts or much publicizing about this product, so I didn't know they had this new collection out.

I'm still not sure if it is an official new collection from Shea Moisture, or if it is a limited time or special addition type of thing. However, I decided to try it out and give a review of it anyway. All I can say is that I hope they keep it and make it an official part of their line because I LOVE it! In addition to this conditioner, they also had a shampoo and a masque. I decided to try the conditioner because I had just bought the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque, and I already had enough shampoos at the time.

A great thing about this product is that "10% of the sales goes to women-led businesses, to support communities that supply ingredients for [Shea Moisture] products, or to support The Sofi Tucker Foundation."

The main ingredients present in this collection are:
-Manuka Honey: anti-infammatory properties soothe the scalp and helps create and moisturizing barrier
-Mafura Oil: high levels of beneficial oleic acid helps replenish oils stripped from hair
-African Rock Fig: contains antioxidant Vitamin C, which helps keep hair looking vibrant.

This Intensive Hydration Conditioner has a recipe that is geared towards dry hair. This conditioner allows for easy detangling, helps make hair more manageable and infuses hair with intense moisture and shine-enhancing nutrients. It has an intense blend of restorative oils (shea butter, honey, mafura, and baobab) that nourish and condition hair that is dry and/or brittle. The African Rock Fig also plays a role in increasing hydration while protecting hair from environmental influences. The intense hydration this conditioner supplies will leave your hair soft, shiny and easy to style!

Here is how I used this product:
I sectioned my hair into four parts. One section at a time, I applied the conditioner to my wet hair while detangling. I also made sure to massage my scalp to remove build-up and to promote circulation in my scalp. I then wrapped each conditioned section into its own small bun and secured each with a hair tie, then moved onto the next section. When I was done applying the conditioner to all four sections, I placed a plastic cap on my head and then wrapped my silk scarf around my head and the cap. The bottle says to let the conditioner sit for 3 minutes, but I tried that one time before and I didn't feel like I got all of the hydration and softness I needed, so I decided to leave the conditioner in for 30 minutes this time around. After the time passed, I rinsed the conditioner out section by section with cool water in the shower. I allow the water to run down the section of hair I'm focusing on while I massage my scalp and detangle, making sure I am thorough in rinsing out all of the product! After I have completely rinsed a section, I twist that section up and put it back into a small bun, and then move on to rinsing out the next section. After all of my sections are rinsed of conditioner, I wrap an old t-shirt around my hair and allow it it soak up all of the excess water. I style, and then that is it!

So, I have to say that I was VERY impressed with this product! When I first pumped the conditioner out of the bottle, I was extremely nervous because it is a pretty think conditioner! I am not a fan of thick conditioners because, in my option, they don't provide enough slip on my hair for me to be able to detangle effectively. However, I let it go and applied it since the product promotes manageability and easy detangling. To my surprise, this product slid through my hair very well! I was definitely able to detangle with it and my hair was very manageable! After I rinsed out my hair, I found that it was extremely soft! My hair was beyond hydrated and intensely shiny!

I would definitely give this product a 10/10! It did everything it said it would do, so I am very satisfied with this conditioner! I also love this because since I have embraced the Curly Girl Method (check out last week's post for more info), this conditioner adds more hydration and aids in supplying the nutrients to retain that moisture and protect my hair. I definitely feel like besides using this conditioner to nourish dry hair, I think it can do wonders for those who follow the CG Method because of the ample amount of moisture the conditioner provides. I know I left this product on my hair for 30 minutes, but if you don't have that much time, then you do not need to leave it on for that long. Personally, I think 10 minutes would have done the trick, but I had the time to sit and let it work through, so I decided to see what would happen.
:)
Have you tried any of the products from the Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil collection? Did you love the collection? I'd love to hear your stories and thoughts! Leave them here! And don't forget to participate in my monthly poll question and as always, thank you so much for the support! Feel free to share the link!
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! My best friend actually brought that conditioner with her when we went on vacation & I got a chance to use it. I couldn't use as much as I'd wanted to because we only had a sample size, but it was good while I had it. I think I'm gona buy the full product after reading your review.

    Thanks!

    Victoria Sallie
    www.talktresses.com
    @TalkTresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend it! Thanks for sharing! I had no idea they made it in a sample size! That's so cool! Let me know what you think of the full product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil line so much. The smell is so wonderful that I just want to eat it. It also makes my hair so shiny & soft.

    Sara Hunt
    naturalsara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, yes! This conditioner is beyond amazing! I haven't tried the shampoo because I don't use shampoos anymore, but I would love to try out the masque! This collection does absolute wonders for my hair! Especially if it has been feeling uber dry! Thank you so much for the support!

      Delete

Search This Blog